Who Are We?
Unleashing Black Minds Fellowship (UBM) is a brand new nonprofit organization, incorporated in the state of Ohio, that provides a continuum of mentoring programs for black middle school, high school, and undergraduate men in various communities around the state of Ohio. The agency utilizes it greatest resources and community partners such as local school districts, juvenile court systems, as well as colleges and universities, service organizations, and even invested community members to unleash the minds of our young men. Through personal relationships and intentional guidance, our "fellows" are not only more equipped to grapple with pressures in a changing society, but also find freedom and peace of mind for any future endeavor they may choose to embark upon. The Unleashing of a Black Mind is inspired by social justice studies and embraces inclusivity; ALL gentlemen regardless of color may apply for Unleashing Black Minds Fellowship.
UBM Fellowship strives to foster the development of underrepresented youth by showing a commitment to the lives of young black men in the areas of academics, interpersonal skills, financial literacy, and civic engagement.
- Launch the pilot "Ready, Set, Go!" middle school initiative (January 2018)
- Raise $1,500.00 for the UBM Scholarship Fund and summer stipends
- Gain five community partners for the Summer "Keep It Moving" program
- Recruit mentors for the Summer "Keep It Moving" program
- Raise $1,000.00 for the first annual UBM Winter Conference (December 2018)
- Recruit volunteers to assist with day to day operations